As we go into the flu season and have our flu shots to reduce the risk of illness in the winter season, there are a few things that owners can do to help increase the winter fitness of their investment properties.
Little things such as:
- Clearing the gutters and down pipes to allow easy escape of rain water
- Servicing gas heating systems including servicing the pilot light and ensuring that no carbon monoxide is leaking.
- Cleaning fireplaces and ensuring functional chimneys are not blocked
- Checking roofs are in good working order with no cracks or leaks. With Melbourne’s chance of hail storms and big downpours, you don’t want to find yourself fighting to get a leak fixed during a long storm.
- Ensuring any overgrown or unstable trees are rectified and are not a danger to yours or your neighbour’s property.
Often these little things can reduce your exposure to after hour calls during the winter for urgent maintenance matters and your tenants know that you care for both them and their home.